Followers

Google+ Followers

Saturday, 3 September 2016

DT post for Crafty Calendar - Back to School




Hi everyone! Here's this month's challenge for Crafty Calendar - Back to School.
Our sponsors this month are


The DT had some lovely images to work with - I chose Bookworm.
I printed the image a couple of times, coloured using watercolour paints, cut ou the whole image of one & the pile of books from the other.
I found the dictionary parts I wanted & edged then with a little DI then placed them onto my backing paper.
The 'blackboard' is made from a blackboard sticker which I stuck onto white card the cut around leaving a small border. I made the easel from some white card & coloured it with DI.
Placed the bookworm onto the card, then placed the blackboard & pile of books using foam tape for a bit of dimension.
Pop over to the Crafty Calendar Blog & take a look at the other makes by the DT. The challenge runs all month so you have plenty of time to get your projects in! Hope to see you there.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Brown Sugar Challenge - back to school 
Aloha Friday - #79 school - TOP PICK!
That's Crafty - all square 
Dragons Lair Designs - books and/or paper 
Pattie's Creations - back to school
The Crazy Challenge - #230 getting ready for school 



12 comments:

  1. Hi Bev this is a stunning card that is a brilliant image you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've used this image Bev, the dictionary page background was a great idea, a fabulous card.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love this little bookworm with his orange muffler! Like the way you did the pile of books twice as well, great idea. Big Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Hadn't realised I wasn't following you so I've remedied this! Hugs again Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect for our current challenge “Back to School” at Pattie’s Creations. Thanks for joining us!
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥
    Artist
    at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book work makes me smile...TFS it with KBD Aloha Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Thank you for joining Brown Sugar Challenge this week. Good luck!

    Simona,
    DT member

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great card with a lovely digi! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card, love the bookworm, thank you for taking part in the Dragons Lair Designs Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great image and I love all the bright colours you've used for your project. The book page background looks fantastic.

    I've missed loads of your work Bev. They don't seem to have been coming up on my computer until this morning so I'm sorry to be catching up. Hugs, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx