Followers

Google+ Followers

Thursday, 4 August 2016

Winter Canvas


I'm back again! I think I'm a bit obsessed with the Brusho Paint strip technique - step away from the Brusho's!
I just wondered if the technique would work on a canvas - it did & I love it!
I covered the canvas with turquoise Brusho paint made pale by adding water.
I stamped the trees onto this using black Archival, then onto my Brushoed strip. I aligned the images up & adhered the paper strip to the canvas.
I let everything dry, added some pen lines to ground the trees. Went over the lower part of the canvas with white gesso, keeping it quite rough for a bit of texture. Added some stickles to this to give a bit of wintry sparkle.
I think this canvas will make a good addition to my Christmas decorations.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Art Impressions - glitter & shimmer 
Craft Rocket Challenge - #21 glitzy glitter

11 comments:

  1. Hi Bev this is a stunning card I love the wintery scene you have created. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning canvas Bev and I really like the Brusho strip. It's a really interesting idea. I thought of Christmas as soon as I saw it. I Love it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous Bev...fabulous technique with the Brushos, must have a play with mine again...haven't had much success with them so far! This gorgeous canvas would make a great addition to ANYONE'S Christmas decs!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket this time, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great canvas Thank you for sharing with Craft Rocket Challenges ' Karen DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Such a beautiful winter scene...nice repreive from all the intense heat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bev, your canvas is gorgeous and glittery!! It'll make wonderful holiday decor - thanks so much for joining our challenge at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bev, not seen you for ages I hope you are well. Love this canvas it is stunning!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is just lovely -- must give it a try :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx