Followers

Google+ Followers

Thursday, 4 August 2016

Poppy card


Hi everyone! The weather is a bit mixed here today - was raining earlier but there was a great rainbow, sun came out for a while but is now dull & windy - think I'll stay in and craft!
I thought I would share this card with you today.
The theme over on Outlawz for the Monday Greeting challenge was to use red, blue & green. 
The background was done by placing blue & green ink onto a poppy stencil, then spritzing with water. Carefully moved the stencil, cleaned my work-space & replaced the stencil then placed & pressed some watercolour paper onto the stencil. This leaves the poppies white.
Once this was dry I coloured the poppies with DI.
I matted this piece onto blue then green card. Added some pale blue ribbon & placed my stamped sentiment onto this.
The poppy brooch was made from felt using dies. I enhanced the petals with some stitching, adding some beads. A brooch back was sewn on, then this was attached to the card with foam pads.
Hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx



2 comments:

  1. Hi Bev this is a stunning card it is such a lovely idea to add a brooch. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really striking card Bev. The stencilling looks gorgeous. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx