Followers

Google+ Followers

Sunday, 7 August 2016

Canvas


Hi everyone - Summer's back today!
I've been at it with the Brushos again. I have these great small canvasses - I like them as they are not as daunting to start on as the larger ones.
The first thing I did was cut a piece of white tissue paper large enough to cover the canvas, then I sprinkled various colours of the Brusho Paints & spritzed really well with water. I left this to dry over night.
Once this was dry I crumpled the tissue up & opened up. Applied Mod Podge to the canvas & applied the tissue to the canvas adding a few more creases & crumples as I went. This was left to fully dry.
I went over the canvas with Inka Gold to highlight the creases.
I decided I wanted an image so I stamped the large image onto tissue paper using distress inks, tore carefully around the image, applied Mod Podge to the canvas & carefully applied my tissue image, being careful not to smudge the distress inks.
While this was drying I stamped various images around the rest of the canvas - I used black Archival for this but stamped off the canvas first to give a shadow image. I coloured these images with DI.
Added a bit more of the Inka Gold, some lace to the top & an embellishment with a button.
Hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
613 Avenue Create - #188 anything goes 
Love to Create - anything goes 
Penny Black & More - anything goes with a stamp 
Stamping Sensations - anything goes 

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation in such lovely colours Bev, thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev this is a stunning canvas. I do love Brushos the colour is so intense. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing texture and great colors! Thanks for sharing your creative process with us at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely canvas! I love the wonderful textural elements in this project! Thanks so much for leaving this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful piece of work.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such an colorful piece! Great mixed media style.
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo simply stunning and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful creative canvas Bev. Fab work! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx