Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 29 July 2016

Winter Wishes


Hi everyone! Well it's like autumn here today, but of the cold wet kind not the cold bright kind. I was just finishing this card off & I had to have the light on!
The inspiration for this came from watching Lesley Wharton from Chocolate Baroque on the Craft Channel. I have ordered the stamps she used but couldn't wait for them to arrive so had a look through my stamp stash and found these ones, so thought I would have a go. I hope she doesn't mind!
I filled an A4 sheet of card with Brusho powders & spritzed with water. Left this to dry or you can dry with a heat gun.
Cut a piece of Kraft card to the size I wanted & painted across the centre with white gesso.
Once this had dried I stamped the three trees onto this.
I tore a strip from the A4 sheet and stamped the trees over this piece.
I then lined the torn, stamped strip up with the stamped images on the card & adhered this in place.
I really didn't think it needed much more so just added the stamped winter wishes sentiment in the corner.
I loved doing this & I think it has turned out great - can't wait for my stamps to arrive!
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
The Artistic Stamper - all things bright and beautiful 
Just For Fun - Christmas in July 
One Crazy Stamper - Christmas in July 
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - #82 Christmas in July
Jingle Belles - We Three Kings, 3 of one element 
Christmas Cards All Year Round - anything goes 
Christmas Card Challenge - anything goes 


13 comments:

  1. Hi Bev this is stunning I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beverly, this is stunning! Thanks so much for sharing this at Twisted Thursday! I have copied your directions, as this is definitely something I'd like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have ever seen this particular technique before. What a clever idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining our Challenge at Christmas Cards All Year ‘Round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. creative card.
    thank you for joining JFF Christmas in July challenge.
    stamping sue, JFFDT
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, thanks for joining in this months challenge at The Artistic Stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your trio of trees ... such an interesting design ... so very glad you joined our Trio Celebration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty design!
    Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a really pretty technique! I love the stamps you already have! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhhhh this is fantastic!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful trio of trees, this is so eye-catching and lovely! thanks for helping us celebrate trios at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card !
    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges blog and good luck !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx