Followers

Google+ Followers

Monday, 18 July 2016

Summer Recreation


Hi everyone -wow! it's a bit hot today. I am sat typing this with a lovely big fan cooling me down - aaahhh!
Thought I would share this card with you today.
The theme over on Outlawz Monday Greetings is Summer Recreation.
The sky & sand were part of some freebie papers.
To make the sea I used masking tape, ripped this down the middle & placed onto the card in layers, overlapping each piece slightly. Once I had enough I rolled the edges down - they don't really stick to each other - I went over the surface with Salty Ocean DI. Once the whole sea was covered I then dabbed it with some kitchen paper to lighten areas. Added some stickles on the edges for a bit of sparkle.
Then I added the 'beach', stamped, coloured & cut out the deck chair & umbrella. The other elements were on the freebie papers.
I die cut some white card, stamped the sentiment in black Archival & inked with mustard seed DI.
I think the sea turned out well - looks better in real life than on the photo.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Eclectic Ellapu - purple team Life's a beach
Simon Monday Challenge - nautical/by the sea (25/7)
Craftin Desert Divas - beach (31/8)
The Crazy Challenge - #227 Summer Fun (31/8)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bev this is a stunning card very summery. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev, this is fantastic!! I love how you did the sea and I'm going to try that technique as I just love how you did it!!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous card! These embellishments are so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you created the sea!! It's a perfect beach scene! Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx