Followers

Google+ Followers

Saturday, 30 July 2016

Rain Day


Hi everyone! Well I have made this card for a challenge over on Outlawz - rain day - and the sun is blasting down here today! I must have chased all the rain away with my card!
The background is done with Brusho paints - I'm a bit obsessed with these at the moment! I know it looks blue but I had used the black - when you sprinkle this onto the card & spritz it there are some fab colours, I 'smooshed' across this with a very wet brush, then dabbed with kitchen roll to hive a softer look. I die cut the shape I wanted for my card.
Stamped the umbrella onto white card & coloured using DI & cut out. Stamped the raindrops onto the background being careful where I wanted to place my umbrella.
I had some card that I had been colouring with Brusho stripes in rainbow colours. Stamped the sentiment onto this & die cut.
Arranged the image & sentiment onto my raindrop background. Added some sticles over the raindrops.
For the base card I had some watercolour papesr that I had been experimenting on with inks & stencils.
I found one that I thought complimented my image & matted my image layer onto it, then adhered this onto my card.
Hope you like it - I had fun making it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Allsorts Challenge Blog  - a touch of sparkle

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bev this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Bev! I especially admire your raindrops believe it or not. It is hard to get just the right rain affect without ruining the whole thing. You have executed the whole card brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous background and a lovely image.
    Thank you for joining our Sparkle challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts
    "add a sparkle" challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx