Followers

Google+ Followers

Monday, 30 May 2016

Sea Creatures ATC


Hi everyone - where did that long weekend go?? Weather has been kind here, quite a bit of sun.
I thought I would share with you this Sea Creatures ATC I have made for a challenge over on Wicked Wednesday.
The background is made using Brusho's paints onto watercolour paper. I stamped some seaweed onto it using distress ink.
I stamped the mermaid's tail onto some paper I found among my stash. It doesn't show up on the photo but it shines different colours depending on how the light hits it. I cut this out.
I stamped the shell onto white card & inked with distress inks, cut it out.
I wanted her hair to be a part of the sea-like background so I masked off the parts of the stamp I didn't want with tape, inked up the stamp & stamped onto the background.
I stamped the top half of the mermaid onto white card, cut out the pieces I needed & placed them onto the ATC. This was a bit fiddly but I like how it has turned out.
Placed the shell onto the ATC, attached the tail, coloured her skin & the shell she's holding.
For her hair I went over the image with distress ink.
I went around the ATC with some Stickles, applying quite a bit to her hair.
Thanks for stopping by - enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Wicked Wednesday - #221 sea creatures
Fashionable Stamping - #111 blots & splashes (11/6)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful ATC! Thank you for playing along with us at Wicked Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous, love the glitter. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely beautiful ATC Bev. She really looks beautiful and your Brusho background is perfect. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful Bev. The brusho background is just perfect for your gorgeous Mermaid. I really like what you've done with her tail and it stands out beautifully against the shell that she's sat on. Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is a gorgeous ATC. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great ATC, love the background with it's wonderful colours and texture. Great job with the paper piecing on the mermaids tail.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful rich colours Bev and a super Brusho background. Many thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx