Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 6 May 2016

Creative Artiste DT post


Hi everyone! Time for another challenge over at Creative Artiste.
Our sponsor this month is:


I decided to decorate this mirror. I picked out some paper, cut into small squares & stuck these onto the wood surround. Added some texture paste through various stencils. The original colour was a lot paler & I didn't like how it was turning out so I covered it all in black gesso!
I die cut various cogs, leaves & corners from black card & covered with platinum & copper Inka Gold.
I went over the texture paste with the same Inka Gold colours.
I arranged the elements onto the frame then decided to add the words, so I die cut these from black card & covered with the Inka Gold as well. Made some flowers & gave these the Inka Gold treatment as well. I just love how the Inka Gold makes everything look like metal - people can't believe it is all card!
Arranged everything & stuck down with dries clear glue.
I like this version much better than the one I started out with.
Don't forget to pop over to Creative Artiste & see the other Design Team's makes. You have a month to get your entry in!
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
A Beautiful Mess - anything goes 
That's Crafty - go figure 
Crafting with an Attitude - anything goes (31/5)
Little Red Wagon - anything but a card 
The Dark Attic - #1 anything goes (31/5)

10 comments:

  1. Bev there is only one word to describe this. Stunning!!
    I think it's just amazing!
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is really gorgeous. Really love how you achieved the metallic appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev I love what you have done with this mirror to make is something very special. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mirror frame. Love the metallic colour and your design. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning project Bev. The rich colours and fabulous textures look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I can't believe it's not metal too! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome DT project Bev, You out do yourself each month, I adore this mirror, and love all the texture you have created, well done Bev...

    Hugs Rhonda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Crafting in a beautiful mess challenge 2, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour and the little details. Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful thank you for sharing with us at Crafting with an Attitude - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx