Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 1 April 2016

DT post for Creative Artiste


Hi everyone - wow where did March go??
Time for a new challenge over on Creative Artiste Challenge Blog. This month's sponsor is Dusty Attic.
I was in my favourite cheap shop when I came across a pen pot I thought would be good for altering.
Here is what it looked like before -


I quite like the design, which is on both sides so I only decorated the front & sides. I already had a notelet holder which I decided to decorate to match.
I covered the all the parts I was decorating with a layer of white gesso.
I then inked some old book pages with green distress ink, inked through a stencil with a different shade of green & stamped using purple DI. I then covered the pot & notelet holder with these pages & Mod Podge. Added a further layer of Mod Podge to seal everything.
For the front panel I drew around the pot onto my encaustic art paper & did the design using green, blue & gold waxes. Adhered this to the front of the pot.
Went over all the edges with some Inka Gold wax.
I love how it has turned out & it looks good next to my phone.
Don't forget to pop over to the Creative Artiste blog & check out all the other DT's lovely makes.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Altered Eclectics - anything goes (30/4)


8 comments:

  1. Bev I have wanted to have a go and Encaustic waxing for a few years now, but there is no-one here that does it.. I love want you end project turned out like, I love the distressed look it finished up...

    Hugs Rhonda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev this is stunning you have made such a difference. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Bev. I love the effect of the encaustic wax technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great Bev. The encaustic looks stunning and it's such a lovely shape. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project Bev. I love using encaustic wax - you inspire me to get mine out again. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bev, this is so clever. What a transformation!
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Such a gorgeous effect. Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never tried wax ...Youve done an amazing job !!
    Hugs Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx