Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 4 March 2016

Creative Artiste DT Post






 



Hi everyone! A new month so it must be a new challenge over at Creative Artiste Blog. The theme is anything goes/with a twist to use chipboard, stencils.
I found a great bargain at my local shops - light up initials! They had mine & Keith's initials too - which was great as I wouldn't want to leave him out - lol!
The first thing I did was cover each letter with white Gesso. Once this had dried I covered each letter with tissue using Deco Page. The B was covered with spotty tissue & the K with green tissue. Once again left to dry, then stamped images onto the letters. Keith is really into photography, has been as long as I've known him - and that is a long time! I used photo themed stamps for his initial, and anything I fancied for mine, I coloured the images on mine with Inktense pencils. Went around the edges with gilding wax.
Once everything had dried I gave them both a coat of glitter Mod Podge - I love it, gives such a lovely sheen with lots of glitter - pity I couldn't get it to show up on the photo's but looks really good.
I made some paper roses to surround the lights on my initial - this gives the lights a gentle pink colour. Added some ribbon & twine embellished with beads & chipboard hearts to the back of my initial.
Hope you like them - I found a great place for them & I'm pleased with how they look day & night!
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in :
More Mixed Media Challenge - green (winner)
Altered Eclectics - (31/3)
We Love to Create - anything goes

11 comments:

  1. Wow lighting up initials. I've never seen those before. What a great job you've done Bev. They both look fantastic. What fun to have in your home. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev - your project is beautiful. I love how you have done your letters. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev this is a stunning project. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev, I love this project you have created again for this month, they are both so creative...

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a creative and beautiful project Bev and I love how you really put your heart into it. I am having a celebration on my blog...please do drop in when you can.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab, loveing the rustic edge to the K. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! Now I understand why your second letter was 'K' Bev. Both letters look fantastic and I love how you've personalised them to your tastes with the stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous.I love that they light up...love how you have decorated them....a lovely entry for our challenge over at Altered Eclectics...x

    http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://somewheretobeme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Let’s Craft and Create challenge 111, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for our “green” theme challenge at More Mixed Media – hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx