Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 26 February 2016

Guest DT Post for Daring Cardmakers


Hi everyone! It's the end of February already - can you believe it!! Time for my last guest DT post for Daring Cardmakers - that month went by so fast!
The theme this week was to use a resist technique. I decided to use paint resist.
I found a suitable stamp - a lovely butterfly image. I put some white acrylic paint onto my glass mat, tapped some craft foam into the paint then applied the paint onto my stamp. Carefully stamped the image onto some white card. While this was drying I washed my stamp - have to do this otherwise the acrylic paint sticks into all the nooks & crannies on the stamp then it will not stamp properly. You can dry the paint image on the card with a heat gun but it doesn't take that long really.
Next comes the inking - I chose a blue & burgundy ink & applied these all over the card & image. I then wiped over the image with a dry baby wipe & just a drop of water this brings it back to white - like magic!
I went over the background inks with a waterbrush to give a little detail, also putting drops of water onto the inks & drying with a paper towel to give the spots.
Stamped around the edges with a swirly stamp & burgundy ink.
Matted onto black, then white card adding some of the swirly stamp around the edges of the white card.
Die cut a tag & stamped the sentiment onto it. Attached this to the corner of the card.
I have enjoyed my time as guest DT for Daring Cardmakers - hope you have enjoyed seeing my projects. Pop over to the blog & see the other DT's lovely makes.
Don't forget my blog candy - you can enter here
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Polkadoodles - tic tac toe (I have used wings, nature, sentiment) (11/3)
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - anything goes (3/3)

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Bev. An interesting technique. Love the backgrounds. I've not tried stamping in that way. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev this is a stunning card I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, the background has turned out great! Thanks also for explaining your technique, I have never tried acrylic paint as a resist medium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours on your card. Thanks for entering the tic tac toe challenge at Polkadoodles. Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us for our Tic Tac Toe Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx