Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 12 February 2016

Guest DT post for Daring Cardmakers

.
Hi everyone! Here's my 2nd guest DT make for Daring Cardmakers. The theme this week is Animal.
I used an image from Bugaboo Digi Stamps called Ewe Rock.
When I was looking at this image I wondered if I could try something different, so I decided to see if needle-felting some roving would work.
Once I had printed the image I traced the area that was 'woolly'. I picked some colours from my wool & set to work to see if I could get the shape. It worked - the guitarist has a woolly jumper!
After roughly making the shape I attached it onto the image & went around the edges to get more of the shape. I did the same for the 'hair'.
Here's a close-up of the felting.

I coloured the rest of the image. Added some glossy accents to the glasses, some gold glitter glue for the stars.
The background was done using two colours of Liquid Pearls dabbed on with kitchen roll.
Matted onto some brown spotty backing, then onto some black card.
Added the 'Ewe Rock' sentiment.
Hope you like my different card.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Alphabet Challenge - y for you choose
Simply Papercraft - challenge 23 anything goes
Wags 'n' Whiskers - challenge 171 let's party

9 comments:

  1. What a great idea Bev. Now that's thinking outside the box for sure. The felting works perfectly. A really fun card.

    I got one of your ATCs today from Jo. It's absolutely great. Thanks so much. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool, I love the roving for the wool, fab idea! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Bev & such fun - I love the colours too :o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev this is a stunning card that sheep is amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your party sheep, Bev. The wooly jumper rocks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Like the way you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sheep rocks!I liked it the moment I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bev I am back again this time to thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge Y for You Choose. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx