Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 1 January 2016

Creative Artiste DT Post


Hi everyone - Happy New Year! Hope you all had a good Christmas however you celebrated.
Here is this months DT make for Creative Artiste.
The sponsor this month is Dusty Attic.
The theme is - anything goes with a twist - use chipboard.
I decided to recycle an empty Olive Oil bottle. I used white gesso to covet the bottle. Once this was dry I used Deco Art's crackle paint. Once this was dry I went over this with various inks & waxes to get the aged finish.
I found some rub ons that I had bought from a local pound shop ages ago & thought thee would be just right for the look I was wanting, i wasn't sure if they would work on the medium but they did!
I coloured some chipboard shapes with coloured waxes & adhered these around the bottle.
Wrapped some twine around the neck of the bottle & added a chipboard birdie. Hope you like it.
Pop over to Creative Artiste blog & have a look at the other DT's fantastic makes. Enter the challenge - it's fun!
Pop back tomorrow for another new blog challenge!
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Love to Create - anything goes (24/1)
That Craft Place - anything goes

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, I love that you nearly always recycle items and repurpose them... I love the crackle outside you have created and used different products to give it the aged vintage look... Awesome project again this month Bev... Thank you for always going the extra step with your projects... Love and Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bev, I really love this altered bottle, looks fabulous. Happy New Year to you !!

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev this is stunning. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx