Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 4 December 2015

DT post for Creative Artiste






















Hi everyone! Well it's December - I can't believe it - where did the year go??? Hope you are all ok & all your preparations for the festive season are going along nicely.
It's the first Friday of the month so that means a new challenge over at Creative Artiste Challenge Blog  - YAY!!
The theme this month is Anything Goes.
The sponsor is Foil Play .
I decided to make an Advent calendar.
I used a die to cut out my matchboxes from card, but you could buy matchboxes to do this.Once I had made the matchboxes I covered the front of each box with some freebie Christmas paper.
Once this was done I arranged the boxes as you can see in the photo's. I ended up with 2 parts, each with 12 boxes. I stuck each part of 12 boxes onto a piece of  card, this holds them together.
I adhered pieces of the freebie paper onto the sides of the matchboxes. I went around the edges using gold Rub 'n' Buff.
I placed brads on each 'drawer' to use as handles.
I stamped a number onto the each 'drawer' using Versa Mark ink pad, then used gold embossing powder.
To make the base & top I cut out pieces of thicker card, a little larger than the boxes. I covered these with some of the papers & edged with the gold Rub 'n' Buff.
Adhered the top section to the bottom section, added the base & top, making sure they were central.
Made a box for the top, covered with the papers. Edged with gold Rub 'n' Buff. Adhered this to the top of my Advent calendar - all that is needed now is to fill each drawer and the top box with some treats!
I enjoyed making this project & hope it inspires you to have a go.
Don't forget to pop over to Creative Artiste Blog to see the other DT members projects and have a go at the challenge - you never know you may win some lovely crafty stuff from Foil Play.
I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. I hope the season is good to you.
Thanks for stopping by - see you all in 2016!
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Brown Sugar Challenge - anything goes
Creative Fingers Challenge - anything goes (17/12)
2 Creative Chicks - anything goes (31/12)



8 comments:

  1. Absolutely Fabulous Christmas project for this month Bev, I love this it is so useful... Thank you for always being a team player in our Design Team...

    Hugs
    Rhonda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bev, this is just gorgeous!! Love the colour combos you used... So festive....

    Hugs and Love Rhonda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev this is stunning I love the papers you have used. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Keep Smilin',
    Stacey xxx
    Creative Fingers DT
    Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic project Bev and such a wonderful idea. The papers are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project! What a super idea...may have to make one myself next year!!
    Thank you for sharing with Creative Fingers!
    Susan
    DT for Creative Fingers!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx