Followers

Google+ Followers

Saturday, 3 October 2015

Spooky DT post for Crafty Calendar....



Hi bloggers! Well the beginning of another month (where has this year gone??) but that does mean a new challenge over on the Crafty Calendar blog! The theme this month is.... Hallowe'en - did you guess?

Our sponsors this month are:


I made a few box type cards last year and decided to make another one.
You can find the measurements for this card on my templates tab.
I used a Stampendous stamp I've had for a while - Hallowe'en Sprite & stamped with black Archival ink onto white card. I coloured her using Distress Inks  - using them as paints. I decided to use my foils to add some shine, so I went around the flourish with a quickie glue pen. When the glue had gone 'tacky' I applied some copper metallic rub on foil. Then I went around her wings & the Hallowe'en letters with the glue pen & applied some blue metallic foil to the wings & gold foil to the letters. Applied some copper foil to the feather on her hat & added a few spots onto her wings. Inked around the edges using spiced marmalade DI.
I made the box type card from some white card, applied some orange mirri board to the top part, & some brown leather look card to the rest of the card. I matted the sprite image onto some of the leather look card & adhered this to the orange foil.
I stamped the pumpkins onto white card using spiced marmalade DI & some chocolate ink. The face was stamped in black Archival ink. I cut these out, applied some stickles to the face parts.
I stamped the 'boo' (from the same stamp set as the pumpkins) onto white card using black Archival, cut around them. Inked around the edges using crushed olive DI.
I had some Hallowe'en rub ons, placed one of the images onto white card, rubbed it on & cut out.
I adhered 2 of the pumpkins & the rub on to the front of the box part of the card, 2 of the 'boo's' on top of the box part. I made a couple of card 'danglers & hung the rest of the pumpkins & a 'boo' onto these & hung them off the top of the card.
Hope you like it.
Head on over to the Crafty Calendar blog and see the other DT members lovely makes, enter the challenge - you never know - it could be you!

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Creative Corner Challenges - Boo! (closes 8/10)
Simply Papercraft - anything goes
Dragons Lair Design Challenge - (closes 1/11)
Creative Moments - anything goes/Autumn colours
Decorate to Celebrate - anything goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters - pumpkin patch
Whimsy Stamp Challenge - anything goes or Hallowe'en (closes 18/10)
Simon Says Stamp - use a stamp (closes 31/10)
Crafting by Designs - anything goes (closes 25/10)

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Bev! Great design and image, the pumpkin lanterns look gorgeous and finish it perfectly!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab make Bev....love it!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a clever creation! Looks awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘PUMPKIN PATCH’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to see you using some Oak House Studio stamps on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love this one Bev - I must check out how to make this type of card as well, it looks soooo good! Brilliant image and design and.... you've reminded me about rub-ons! I must have loads somewhere!!!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx (CC teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fascinating piece of work! Thanks for sharing with Simply Papercraft!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty thank you for joining us at dtc challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Bev what an awesome creation, you have added some much detail, and I am fascinated with this type of card you have made...

    Hugs Rhonda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card design Bev, love the dangly pumpkins.
    Katrina x (CC Teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card and I love the feel of a vintage card. Cute! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic card so much tolook at thanks for joining dragons lair
    Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful creation Jacqui DLD Dt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bright colours
    Thanks for joining dragons lair
    Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx