Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 2 October 2015

DT post for Creative Artiste.


Hi everyone! Time for challenge number 7 over on Creative Artiste - the sponsor this month is:


The theme this month is LACE & PEARLS.
The images I have used for my project have come from the digis called 'Stitchy Fall'.
Once I had downloaded these I found I had backing papers, coloured images & images to colour. These can all be resized.
I printed off some coloured images - printed these quite large, then I printed some smaller images to colour.
I printed off two of the backing papers onto copy paper. I wanted these on a canvas but didn't want to stick them on so I decided to try some Golden Medium. I spread this out onto the top and bottom of the canvas, placed the backing papers, face down, onto the medium. I made sure the paper was well attached to the canvas then left to dry. Once dry I wet the paper then carefully rubbed away the paper with my finger until the pattern appeared.
I painted across the middle of the canvas with orange acrylic paint.
Added some gold Rub'n'Buff around the edges of the canvas and where the backing papers met the acrylic paint.
Once I had cut out the large images I decided to get my melt pot out - melted some thick embossing powder & coated each of the large images to give them a bit of shine.
Printed out one of the sentiments onto white card, edged with distress ink then dipped that into the melt pot as well. Attached this to some burlap.
Added some lovely wine coloured lace around the large pumpkin & sunflower. Added some white pearls on the pumpkin. Also some heart pearls around the canvas.
Arranged all my elements until I liked the arrangement, then stuck everything down.
Added a couple of gold silk flowers.
Hope you like this month's challenge over at Creative Artiste & my project - pop over & see the other DT's makes & enter the challenge.

I have entered this in :
Crafts 4 Eternity - woodland (closes 8/10)
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Autumn colours (closes 15/10)
Simply Create Too - Autumn Splendour (closes 8/10)
DL Art - Fall (closes 7/10)
Crafty Creations - Falling for you (closes 12/10)
Crafting for all Seasons - Autumnal Hues (closes 13/10)
Creative Moments - anything goes/Autumn colours (closes 12/10)

8 comments:

  1. Love this Bev.....bright & cheery with a great sentiment. Hope you're well.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card, so pretty and so many things to keep looking at.
    Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

    Hugs, Lori m
    littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
    DL.ART DT Member


    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bev what can I say except Absolutely Gorgeous design, colours, lace well actully everything... I love it...

    Hugs Rhonda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev, your card is so creative and so colorful.Wonderful design. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges this month. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Hugs, Barbara { Crafty Creations Challenges }

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous make, beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning , love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for All Seasons. Helen DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow now that is a bright and cheerful autumn card. Love all the textures you have used to bring the elements together. Thanks for playing alone with our 'Autumn Cololurs' challenge at Fussy and Fancy, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx