Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 7 August 2015

DT post for Creative Artiste


Hi everyone - a new month so a new DT project for Creative Artiste. The sponsors this month are Foil Play & Di's Digis.
This colour palette that the DT used for inspiration:-


Butterflies & flowers are the theme this month.

I decided to try some Folk Art painting. I found an empty jar - well nearly empty! I found my acrylics and picked out the ones that matched the colour palette. Painted the background, then painted the little flowers around the jar, adde some leaves & a few hearts dotted around. Talking of dots - placed some around the base of the jar.
Finished off with a coat of decopatch to seal it all, added some butterflies & wound some twine around the top of the jar.

I thought it would be a cool pot to keep my brushes in.

Hop over to the Creative Artiste blog & check out the other DT members lovely makes this month  - enter the challenge you might win! Good luck!

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog - anything goes (closes  12/8)
2 Creative Chicks - anything goes (closes 31/8)
Altered Eclectics - anything goes (closes 31/8)



14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much once again, for your awesome, entry in this months challenge at Creative Artiste, I love the addition you did to your DT project by adding those lovely flowers...

    Hugs Rhonda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous transformation Bev. I love those little roses xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous and a great idea too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bev this is stunning. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love those handprinted flowers Bev !!
    hugs Kerry
    (DT)http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this, what a great idea for the use of a jar, and it looks pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Bev, this is fabulous hun, a great addition to any craft desk, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My next jar stays with me....I normally donate them to the nursing home for their preserves but I am going to try this...love it. xx
    [have joined as a new follower]
     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty jar, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely project Bev, and what a great way to do a bit of re-purposing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW I just love your creativity with your piece of art so practical love it. Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab project...great usage too...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month over at Altered Eclectics....xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful altered jar, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx