Followers

Google+ Followers

Sunday, 30 August 2015

A little bit of sewing...


Hi everyone - hope you're all having a great weekend. Weather not too bad here today.
I have been experimenting with free motion embroidery on my machine. I have already done one, but it was as part of a DT make - so watch this space next week!
I stamped the poppy image onto some cotton material that I had already backed with some stabilizer, then off I went onto my machine.
I find it very therapeutic doing this.
I cut the heart shape from the white cotton & some red for the backing using my dies & GC. Sewed it all up - remembering to leave a gap to put the wadding in, then finished off with a little hand sewing to close the gap.
I might use it as a pin cushion or I might just have it as a bit of home decor.
Hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Bev!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning project Bev!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bev this is gorgeous I love poppies. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, love the poppies.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cushion Bev, love the poppies. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx