Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 3 July 2015

DT post for Creative Artiste


Hi everyone! It's the first Friday of the month so it must be time for a new challenge over on Creative Artiste Challenge Blog. 
This months sponsors are Jiggery Makery & Oddball Art. The image I have chosen to work with this image from Oddball Art - Kawaii Valentine Giraffe.
The theme this month is use texture & spray mists.
Here is the colour theme :


I know the image is called valentine giraffe but I thought it would make a good room sign.
I printed off the image then ran it through my Grand Calibur using an embossing folder to give the giraffe some texture.
I went over the image using distress inks, then coloured the hearts using Inktense pencils.
I Cut out the image.
For the background I sprayed Brusho's over some watercolour paper.
Die cut the letters.
Matted the watercolour background onto some card, adhered the giraffe with foam pads. Added some metal eyelets at the corners. Drew some faux stitching around the edges. Added a metal heart charm & the letters.
Hope you like him!
Pop over to Creative Artiste Blog, have a look at the other DT's makes & give it a go - you might win a prize! You have a month to enter - go on, you know you want to!

I have entered this in:
Crafting With An Attitude - anything goes (closes 15/7)
Create and Inspire  - anything goes ( closes 13/7)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Bev this is a gorgeous card I love the image of the cute giraffe. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another absolutely lovely project by you Bev, I love how you you have incorporated the texture to make the Giraffe the feature I love it...
    Thank you once again Bev for all your work towards the team and you projects, it really is appreciated...

    Hugs Rhonda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant room sign, love the background and cute giraffe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project and an adorable image! Thanks for sharing at Crafting with an Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card. I love the giraffe and your palette is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx