Followers

Google+ Followers

Thursday, 11 June 2015

IndigoBlu post





Hi everyone! Don't know if you saw my post a few weeks ago where I was picked for top 3 over on IndigoBlu's Challenge Blog, well I had to make an inspiration piece to go on their blog!
Today is the day my piece goes live on their blog!
The theme this month is 'a pocket full of posies'.
I had wanted to try making a pocket card & thought this would be a good project for this theme. Also a group I am in on Facebook - Craftylicious Corner - had a challenge to make a double pocket card - two birds with one stone!
I used some double sided patterned paper to make the double pocket. There is a great tut here.
I cut the cards for inside the pockets from white card. Stamped the IndigoBlu Elizabeth Bennet image on one using Flitter Glue, then used gilding flakes to bring out the detail. Went over the whole card with burnt sienna tint Pan Pastel, then painted the flowers using watercolour paints.
For the other card I stamped the sentiment & flower images (which are IndigoBlu stamps which were a freebie from Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine) using black Archival ink, then coloured with the watercolours.
Stamped the IndigoBlu Poppy Heart Dinkie onto white card, coloured with watercolours. Die cut the heart shape. Stamped the image again, cut out the largest poppies & added to the heart with foam pads for a bit of dimension.
I went around all the edges with pink Inka Gold.
Hope you like my double pocket card - pop over to the IndigoBlu Challenge Blog & see it there!
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations this is a gorgeous card I love the stamps you have used. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats thats awesome !! Love your inspiration piece !
    Hugs Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation, Bev on getting picked for the Top 3 over at IndigoBlu Challenge... I love this card you made for this challenge, and yes why not kill 2 birds with the one stone, and use it for the face book challenge at Craftylicious Corner as well... I love this style of card, they are so versatile...

    Hugs Rhonda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx