Followers

Google+ Followers

Friday, 5 June 2015

DT post for Creative Artiste





Hi everyone! It's the first Friday of the month so it must be time for a new challenge over on Creative Artiste Challenge Blog.
The sponsor this month is:

 
The design I chose is called Tailfeathers - a cheeky chick!

This month there is a bingo card from which you choose a line to use.


I decided to use the top line - so needed to include ribbon, brads, pearls, blue & lace in my project.
I covered my base with gesso. Painted with a dark acrylic paint, then my weathered wood crackle medium, then white acrylic paint & watched the crackles appear!
I covered the bottom of my canvas with torn book page pieces, which were edged with brown distress ink.
I printed the image - resizing it to the size I needed for my project. I coloured it using my Inktense pencils.
I glittered the flower & the red 'comb' & 'wattle'. Added a pearl to the centre of the flower.
The chick did have some printed tailfeathers but I had found some feathers which I wanted to use - I managed to arrange them so they looked good, added a 'pearl' bow at the base of the feathers.
I wrapped some blue ribbon & some pink lace around the canvas.
Cut out a piece of corrugated cardboard, added some black ink to bring out the edges. Printed off the 'Shake those tail feathers!' - cut this out & stuck to the cardboard.
Arranged the pieces on the canvas, stuck them with some foam pads for a bit of dimension.
Added some more pearls & a few brads.
Pop over to the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog & have a peek at the other DT's makes.
Join in the fun - you might be the lucky winner of a lovely Pickled Potpourri image !
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Brown Sugar - anything goes
Simply Papercraft - anything goes
2 Creative Chicks - anything goes (closes 30/6)
Design Team Showcase - challenge 13
Petal Lu - anything goes (closes 14/6)

17 comments:

  1. Love the cute duck and sentiment - great background and embellishments too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev, I love the fun funky image you chose to use for this months DT project, and I love what you have done with it... I love the feathers, and the colours, and I love the crackle background...

    Hugs
    Rhonda DT
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev this is gorgeous I love the cute chick and his magnificent tail feathers. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Anything Goes" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning & a Happy Saturday to you! Just hopping by on the Crafting Cafe blog hop! Love this little guy! He made me lol!
    Had a good old snoop about your blog! Now your latest follower!
    Crafty Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a fun card! :D
    Thanks for playing along in the Design Team Showcase.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those tail feathers hehe. Bingo is such a great idea for card inspiration :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bev, I am on the blog hop from crafting cafe . Love your tail feather card with cute birdie & what a great idea with the bingo card too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bev, popped in fromt he Crafting Cafe to have a peek! Cute card and loving those waggly tail feathers! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fab creation. I am popping by on the Crafting Cafe hop. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this cute little card.....it's so cheerful, Bev. Popped by from Crafting Cafe xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the image you chose and how you added those funky feathers!! Awesome Card love the crackle background...
    Hugs Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That little chick is just too cute, and the background is very effective. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Simply Papercrafts For All Occasions.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx