Google+ Followers

Thursday, 11 June 2015

IndigoBlu post

Hi everyone! Don't know if you saw my post a few weeks ago where I was picked for top 3 over on IndigoBlu's Challenge Blog, well I had to make an inspiration piece to go on their blog!
Today is the day my piece goes live on their blog!
The theme this month is 'a pocket full of posies'.
I had wanted to try making a pocket card & thought this would be a good project for this theme. Also a group I am in on Facebook - Craftylicious Corner - had a challenge to make a double pocket card - two birds with one stone!
I used some double sided patterned paper to make the double pocket. There is a great tut here.
I cut the cards for inside the pockets from white card. Stamped the IndigoBlu Elizabeth Bennet image on one using Flitter Glue, then used gilding flakes to bring out the detail. Went over the whole card with burnt sienna tint Pan Pastel, then painted the flowers using watercolour paints.
For the other card I stamped the sentiment & flower images (which are IndigoBlu stamps which were a freebie from Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine) using black Archival ink, then coloured with the watercolours.
Stamped the IndigoBlu Poppy Heart Dinkie onto white card, coloured with watercolours. Die cut the heart shape. Stamped the image again, cut out the largest poppies & added to the heart with foam pads for a bit of dimension.
I went around all the edges with pink Inka Gold.
Hope you like my double pocket card - pop over to the IndigoBlu Challenge Blog & see it there!
Thanks for stopping by.
Bev xx

Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Winner over at Kitty Bee Designs!

My card won the Alhoa Friday Challenge over at Kitty Bee Designs!

Friday, 5 June 2015

DT post for Creative Artiste

Hi everyone! It's the first Friday of the month so it must be time for a new challenge over on Creative Artiste Challenge Blog.
The sponsor this month is:

The design I chose is called Tailfeathers - a cheeky chick!

This month there is a bingo card from which you choose a line to use.

I decided to use the top line - so needed to include ribbon, brads, pearls, blue & lace in my project.
I covered my base with gesso. Painted with a dark acrylic paint, then my weathered wood crackle medium, then white acrylic paint & watched the crackles appear!
I covered the bottom of my canvas with torn book page pieces, which were edged with brown distress ink.
I printed the image - resizing it to the size I needed for my project. I coloured it using my Inktense pencils.
I glittered the flower & the red 'comb' & 'wattle'. Added a pearl to the centre of the flower.
The chick did have some printed tailfeathers but I had found some feathers which I wanted to use - I managed to arrange them so they looked good, added a 'pearl' bow at the base of the feathers.
I wrapped some blue ribbon & some pink lace around the canvas.
Cut out a piece of corrugated cardboard, added some black ink to bring out the edges. Printed off the 'Shake those tail feathers!' - cut this out & stuck to the cardboard.
Arranged the pieces on the canvas, stuck them with some foam pads for a bit of dimension.
Added some more pearls & a few brads.
Pop over to the Creative Artiste Challenge Blog & have a peek at the other DT's makes.
Join in the fun - you might be the lucky winner of a lovely Pickled Potpourri image !
Thanks for stopping by.
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Brown Sugar - anything goes
Simply Papercraft - anything goes
2 Creative Chicks - anything goes (closes 30/6)
Design Team Showcase - challenge 13
Petal Lu - anything goes (closes 14/6)