Followers

Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Something Different...


Hi everyone - the weather has taken a turn for the worse here! Good weather for crafting.
There is a challenge over on the IndigoBlu Challenge Blog - Just One Layer.
I thought I'd try something a little different & give it a go.
I cut out some lining material, measuring the size of the image first, to make sure I had enough  material to make a little bag.
I stamped the IndigoBlu image onto the lining material using rusty hinge distress ink. I ironed it to make it colour fast.
Out came my trusty sewing mahine. I picked out some dark brown thread, picked a design and sewed around the image to make a frame.
I then turned each end over, making sure to leave enough room to thread some lace through for a tie.
Sewed up each side, threaded lace through the top to tie up the bag.
I think because of the colour of the material & stamped image plus the lace it gives the bag a vintage look.
This could be used as a lavender bag, a bag to keep jewellery in - whatever you like really, I decided to keep my sewing bits & bobs in it.
Hope you like it - thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:

IndigoBlu Challenge Blog - just one layer - Made top 3!
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog - anything goes
Stamps & Fun - no card
Robyn's Fetish - anything but a card - Top Pick!
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
2 Creative Chicks - Anything Goes- WINNER!

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty bag, stamping on the lining material looks wonderful! Great idea to us distress ink for a vintage feel. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps, hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev this is gorgeous I love the idea of making a little bag for the challenge. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, and nice you stamp right on there. Awesome for sure. Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
    Cheers,
    Leanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project Bev, clever and really lovely.
    Thanks for adding me to your BlogLovin' list

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool
    thanks for joining us at SFC

    hugs
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is fantastic. You made a great work.
    Thank you for playing at SFC.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great project for a one-layer challenge! Love the vintage feel to this.

    Thank you for playing in our current challenge at Li'l Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bev this is a wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx