Followers

Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 11 March 2015

DT post for Jiggery Makery


Hi everyone! Well, it was lovely but cold here this morning but as I am writing this it has gone very dark & looks like we could get some rain. Can feel more crafting coming on!
Here is this weeks DT make for Jiggery Makery, using the lovely digi image Veronica, designed by Adele Bradwell.
This image just made me think of old film stars so I tried to come up with something remiscent of that.
I resized the image to the size I needed & printed onto white card. I was trying to think of something different to do with her hair. I looked on the internet & found some freebie images of hair. I imported these into my gaphics programme & resized to match the hair on Veronica, printed this off, cut out & paper pieced onto the image on the white card. I like how it has turned out - very realistic! Here's a close up pic.


Next I decided to see if I could do something with vellum for her dress. I printed the dress out onto vellum then embossed this using an embossing folder. Cut this out & paper pieced onto the card image. Needed something else so I went over the embossed pattern with some Stickles glitter. Here's a closer pic of the dress.


I was pleased with how the dress turned out as well - think I was on a bit of a roll!
I remembered I had some stamps with a photographer, filmstrip & other bits that may be useful, so looking at these is what decided the final card.
I tried to make it look as if the photographer was taking a photo of Veronica, stamped him in black Archival ink. Stamped the film strips & frame using frayed burlap DI, the sentiment using black Archival.
Inked over the card with the frayed burlap & a little pink - just to add a little colour. Adhered Veronica & the frame with foam pads for a little dimension.
Matted the white card onto some brown.
I hope you like this week's make.
You can find Veronica over on Jiggery Makery's Etsy shop along with a lot of other lovely images, all designed by Adele Bradwell.
There are links to Jiggery Makery's shop, blog & Facebook page on my left hand side bar.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Bev this is a fantastic card I love everything about it. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and loving her dress.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card love how you have done the dress. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card,love her embossed dress x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev this is an amazing card, so much fabulous detail, love the embossed dress, so pretty, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx