Followers

Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 11 February 2015

DT post for Jiggery Makery & Love Is Red challenge!


Hi everyone! Here's my DT piece for Jiggery Makery this week.
I decided to use the lovely digi image Rita, designed by Adele Bradwell. Rita is one of 4 Valentine images that you can find over on Jiggery Makery's Etsy shop.
I have been thinking of my Mum & Dad a lot this week - I miss them. I remembered the cards that Dad used to get Mum for birthdays & Christmas when I was small -they were always 'padded'. I used to love looking at them. I thought that might be the way to go with this image.
I printed out the image to the size I wanted. Cut carefully around the image, then drew around the heart part, filling in the gaps. I was using an A5 sized card & drew the heart in the middle, cut this out.
I cut out a piece of red fabric, large enough to cover the heart shape & enough to push through the aperture. I placed some wadding behind the fabric & gently pushed through until I had the effect I was looking for.
It was a bit 'fiddly' sticking the fabric down & keeping the wadding in place, I coverd the workings on the inside with some card.
I found some pink glitter card & cut the heart shape from the middle of it & placed this over the fabric heart.
Cut out Rita & coloured her in - I decided us silver surfers could have some fun, so did her hair in a lovely silvery colour with a red flash!
Placed some black lace around the heart, laid Rita on her lovely cushion, added a sentiment & was finished!
I love how it has turned out - reminds me of those padded cards.

This project is part of the Jiggery Makery Valentines themed challenge LOVE IS RED.
The rules are really simple:

1. You MUST use any one of the four 2015 valentines themed digital stamps (Lucy, Stacey, Rita or Georgia) available at: 
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JiggeryMakery?ref=hdr_shop_menu 

2. Any type of project is acceptable (cards, canvas, bunting . . . etc) Go wild. 

3. The theme is LOVE IS RED. So use as much red as possible within your creation.

All you then need to do is email Adele a photo of your project with just a short paragraph of how you did it and your name. Please make the subject of the email ‘LOVE IS RED CHALLENGE’. Her email is adelebradwell01@gmail.com and all images need to be sent to her by midnight February 14th. She will feature all the projects on the Facebook page and in a special blog post on Sunday 15th February. Please spread the word and if
 you have any questions please ask. Thank you!

If you want some inspiration take a look at all the wonderful projects by other design team members on the Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/jiggerymakery
So get those creative juices going and let’s get crafty!
Hope you can join in the fun, looking forward to seeing your makes.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx 

I have entered this in:
Crafty Sentiments - use some red
The Male Room  - valentine (closes 17/2)

9 comments:

  1. What a sexy lady she is - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very ooh-la-la card Bev, love the image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev this is a fantastic that is a gorgeous image. I have enjoyed catching up on your makes I have been ill and a bit out of it. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Bev great image and love the padded heart. I also remember those kind of cards and they always seemed so very special. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev this is aaamazing hun love it crafty hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, totally loving these images. You make some hot hot hot cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card you designed for Valentine's Day. You know what I think my Dad used to get my Mom cards that were padded as well. I never thought about it until I read your post. Great idea to bring that memory back into your design. :D Thanks for sharing and joining us at Crafty Sentiments Challenge.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh la la!! Very sassy card - lots of fun. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx