Followers

Google+ Followers

Sunday, 23 November 2014

DT post for JB Crafting Supplies



Hi everyone - thanks for stopping by.
For this weeks JB Crafting Supplies DT make I decided to make an Advent calendar & thought that the lovely Magic of Christmas paper pad that Julie sent me would be ideal to cover it.
I used a die to cut out my matchboxes from card, but you could buy matchboxes to do this.Once I had made the matchboxes I covered the front of each box with some of the Magic of Christmas paper.
Once this was done I arranged the boxes as you can see in the photo's. I ended up with 2 parts, each with 12 boxes. I stuck each part of 12 boxes onto a piece of  card, this holds them together.
I adhered pieces of the paper pad onto the sides of the matchboxes. I inked around the edges using barn door Distress Ink, then went around with gold Rub 'n' Buff.
I placed brads on each 'drawer' to use as handles.
I stamped a number onto the each 'drawer' using Versa Mark ink pad, then used gold embossing powder.
To make the base & top I cut out pieces of thicker card, a little larger than the boxes. I covered these with some of the papers & edged with the gold Rub 'n' Buff.
Adhered the top section to the bottom section, added the base & top, making sure they were central.
Made a box for the top, covered with the papers. Edged with barn door DI & gold Rub 'n' Buff. Adhered this to the top of my Advent calendar - all that is needed now is to fill each drawer with some treats!
I enjoyed making this project & hope it inspires you to have a go.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Altered Ecletics - anything goes not a card (closes 30/11)
Crafty Calendar -  It's All About Christmas (closes 29/11)
Jellypark Challenges -  Christmas (closes 28/11)
That Craft Place Challenge - anything goes (closes 6/12)


11 comments:

  1. Wow, what am amazing amount of work and so beautifully done. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that's Ab Fab ..... Be great for jewelry too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello |Bev, wow this is stunning alot of detail and a great idea. Love the papers and the lovely design.

    Teighan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you must be so proud of this - awesome project - love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Bev this is a gorgeous advent calendar I love all the papers you have used. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous love the papers. thanks for sharing over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love it,thanks for joining us at That Craft Place

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar challenge and good luck
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx