Followers

Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 8 October 2014

spooky candle


I know, I know - I'm obsessed with this pumpkin stamp! But I love it.
There was a challenge over on One Word Wonder & the theme was pumpkin so I just had to enter!
I tried to think of something different to do. I have some rechargable candles so decided to make something with one of these.
 I stamped the pumpkin from a set called 'Boo! Stamp Set' from Oak House Studio. The set contains 5 stamps - a plain circle, the pumpkin detail, 2 scary 'faces' & BOO. I stamped using Yummy Chocolate ink, also from Oak House Stuido,onto some orange card, then stamped the 'faces' onto the pumpkins using black Archival ink. Stamped the boo sentiment around them too. I cut out the 'faces' out to allow the light to shine through like on a real pumpkin.
I wrapped the paper around the candle.
Wrapped some black ribbon around the middle & bottom of the candle, but then thought it needed something on the top.
I stamped the pumpkin & 'face' image a few more times, cut these out. Made a slit into the bottom of the pumpkins & placed them on the top of the candle.
Luckily today was a very dull day so when I came to take the photo the candle light really showed up.




Oh I had a little helper as well & she just had to check that I had done everything properly! Thanks Poppy!
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

Don't forget my giveaway at the top of the page. Have a look here.

I have entered this in :
A Little Bit of Crafty - Boo! 
One Crazy Stamper - Hallowe'en/Christmas 
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Hallowe'en with ribbon or trim

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! thanks for coming and joining us at RRR! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Halloween decoration! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, such a great design.
    Thank you for taking part in A Little Bit Crafty Challenge this month.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx