Followers

Google+ Followers

Saturday, 4 October 2014

Shabby tag


Hi Bloggers! Well it's a dull, rainy & cold day here - a good day for crafting I think ;)
Here is a tag I made for a challenge over on One Word Wonder on Facebook - the theme was shabby. I'm never too sure what shabby means but thought I would give it a go and I won!
I embossed my tag using my trusty GC & a Crafter's Companion Embossalicious embossing folder .
I inked this using tattered lace & crushed olive Distress Inks, then inked the edges with frayed burlap DI.
I found the lovely embellishments a few weeks ago in our local poundshop - must say I have had some great crafty stuff from them lately.
I painted the pieces using mica powders. Warm gold for the cage & corners, warm peach for the bird's body, vintage plum on the wing & tail, copper frost on the border piece. I then touched parts of the cage & corner pieces with clear versa-mark, then dusted with khol black mica powder.
Arranged the pieces on my tag, thought it needed a little something more so I added some lace from my stash.
I stamped the sentiment - from Crafty Individuals, onto white card using black Archival ink. Cut out & inked the edges using frayed burlap DI. Adhered this to the tag.
Added some lace for the tie.
I was pleased with how it had turned out & was well pleased when it won.
Don't forget to enter my giveaway at the top of the page & spread the word around your crafty friends.
Thanks for stopping by,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
CreativeCornerChallenges - anything but a card
Dragons Lair Design Challenge - anything goes (closes 3/11)
The ABC Challenge -  U for unique, anything goes
Sparkles Monthly Challenges -  things with wings

6 comments:

  1. Such lovely embossing and details Bev.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tag all the details are beautiful. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pretty pretty so pretty lol Jacqui DT Dragons Lair Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning tag, thanks for joining us at Creative Corner this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation thank you for joining us at Sparkles Monthly hope you will join us again & good luck
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our 'Things with wings' challenge.
    Happy crafting.
    Hugs Helen P (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx