Followers

Google+ Followers

Sunday, 12 October 2014

Recycled make


Hi everyone - hope you're having a great weekend. I've managed to get crafty stuff done.
This was made as part of a challenge - One Word Wonder challenge on Facebook. The word was recycle.
I had an empty beetroot jar - so decided to try & make something with it after removing the label.
I found some Christmas napkins, so decided to make a tealight holder.
I peeled the napkin apart as I only wanted the layer with the design on it. I roughly tore around the parts I wanted.
Then I used some Americana Decou-Page medium, which is a glue, sealer & finish all in one.
I applied this to areas & carefully placed the layer of napkin where I wanted it to go. Continued with this until most of the area of the jar was covered.
I was just left with the top part of the jar to cover. I wondered if some gilding flakes would work as I thought they would add a bit of bling.
I applied Flitter glue to the top & covered in Colourful Thoughts Gilding Flakes in variegated copper, then went over any places not covered with big silver gilding flakes.
I placed a rechargeable tealight inside the jar & was really pleased with how it looked.
I will be using it during the Christmas festivities!
Don't forget to check out my giveaway to win some gorgeous foiled card - mixed everyday & Christmas - check it out here.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Sisters of Craft - anything goes
CHNC challenge extra - anything goes Christmas


3 comments:

  1. I adore this, its so cool x
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, great idea. Crafty Blessings. Tracy x If you like to enter challenges you may also enjoy The Sisters of Craft Monthly Challenge, Anything Goes. Just thought I would mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! This is such a great idea and such a fabulous way to recycle both the jar and the napkin. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx