Followers

Google+ Followers

Saturday, 11 October 2014

Oak House Studio One Stamp Project






Hi everyone today I have made projects for the Oak House Studio One Stamp Project, using the Christmas Corner stamp from Oak House Studio.
The idea is to see how many different projects crafters come up with using just this one stamp for one day.
I decided to decorate a candle & make a wall hanging.
For the candle I first made sure how it would fit around the candle. I stamped onto tissue paper using black Archival. Coloured the image using watercolours.
I found it better to stamp each image seperately rather than trying to stamp all the images.
I applied the image to the candle, wrapped some greaseproof paper around the image, pulling it tight & making sure there are no creases. Then heated gently using my heat gun, moving it quickly across the image, so the image goes into the candle.
I repeated this until there were enough images to go around the candle. Doing them individuaally meant I could position each one equally.
For the wall hanging, i stamped the image out four times using versa mark, then applied some green embossing powder. Heated with the heat gun.
Carefully cut each image out.
Decided how I wanted them to be placed on the hessian.
Adhered the images onto the hessian, stamped a sentiment & placed this inbetween the images.
Backed the hessian, attached a ribbon for hanging.
There are some great projects over on the Oak House Studio blog - pop over & take a peek.
Don't forget my giveaway at the top of the page - some great papers to be won here.
Thanks for stopping by,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
The Stamping Boutique - outside the box

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beverley I love what you have done with the stamp. I have seen others take on this and no two are the same. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Bev, thank you for asking me to be part of today.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely projects, just love the Candle so lovely.

    Teighan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your candle is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in our THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx