Followers

Google+ Followers

Sunday, 26 October 2014

DT post for JB Crafting Supplies - using Crafter's Companion stamps


Hi everyone!
For this weeks make with the lovely Crafter's Companion stamps - Adorable Cute Companions, designed by Jayne Nestorenko - sent to me by Julie at JB Crafting Supplies, I decided to make a tealight holder.
I had an empty jar (well empty-ish!) & some spare napkins.
I wasn't sure if what I had in mind would work, but I tried it & I think it turned out ok.
I first carefully parted the layers of the napkin, I only needed one layer with nothing on it. Then I stamped onto the napkin layer with the stamps, using black Archival ink.
My jar isn't round - it has 4 sides, so I stamped 4 images. I tore around carefully around the images leaving a border. Next was the part I was unsure of as I thought the ink may bleed. I covered one side of the jar with some Americana Decou-Page medium and carefully applied a tissue image, going over the image with the medium once I had it in place - RESULT! no bleeding so I repeated this on the other 3 sides of the jar.
I left this to dry for a while. 
Then came the next part I was unsure of - would I be able to colour the images? I used my watercolour pencils & they worked a treat.
At the top of the jar I applied some gilding flakes.
Once I was sure it was all dry I applied some glitter in various places using Stckles.
Added some sparkly ribbon around the top & a rechargeable tealight inside.
Here are the other sides of the jar. Hopefully you can see a bit of the sparkle I added. I love the 'frostiness' of the glass.




I am really pleased with how this has turned out. I hope it has insiped you to give it a try. Pop over to Julie's shop and see what stamps she has that make you want to try this project.

Don't forget my giveaway - enter here & you could win some lovely foiled goodness.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and for your lovely comments.
Hugs,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Allsorts challenge blog - Christmas 
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - anything but a card - Winner!
Imagination Crafts - anything goes
Sisters of Craft - anything goes 

12 comments:

  1. This is so lovely with the warm glow behind the image. Beautiful project. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Bev, love the stamps you have used.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project xx love the image xx thank you for joining us this time over at http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Polkadoodles DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo these are gorgeous, love, love, love them need to make myself some and some to decorate my Christmas charity craft stall. Thanks so much for sharing. If you like to enter challenges you might be interested in The Sisters of Craft challenge as it's anything goes and is monthly. Just thought I would mention it. Crafty Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project, thank you so much for sharing with the Sweet Stampin' Challenge.

    Warm hugs and love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. a wonderful makes - so beautiful and clever too - thanks for joining us at Imagination crafts challenge this month! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project thanks for joining us at polkadoodles challenge xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles this time.
    Jenny x
    Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous creations. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good luck. 
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty is this Bev? I love it x Thankyou for joining in the Christmas fun over at Polkadoodles. http://polkadoodle.blogspot.ca/2014/10/week-42-christmas-fun-polkadoodles.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a lovely creation. thankyou for entering the sisters of craft blog challenge. michelle dt x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is amazing, such a fantastic idea. Thanks for joining in with us over at the Polka Doodles challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx