Followers

Google+ Followers

Sunday, 28 September 2014

Hallowe'en card

 


Hi everyone! 
This was a card I made for a Hallowe'en card swap. When it came to making this I wondered why on earth I had decided to do this challenge as did not have anything vaguely Hallowe'en like in my stash! Oh I tell a fib - some orange & black card & some orange stickles!
A bit of head scratching took place, had a look around the web & found some royalty free images so picked one I liked.
Printed it off twice onto glossy photo paper. Cut the 'witch' from one of the prints. Placed this onto the other image using foam pads for a bit of depth.
Used the orange stickles to highlight parts of the pumpkin, the stars on the dress & the large letters of the verse.
I found some black lace & thought this would go over the cape of the witch. First I matted the image onto some orange then black card, then I took the black lace around the edge of the black card. Matted this onto more orange card.
Found some orange bling, adhered these to the black edges of the card.
I was quite pleased with how it turned out & it is now living in Scotland!
I have to say I have now bought some more Hallowe'en stash! :)
Thanks for stopping by,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Aud Sentiments - Hallowe'en sentiment (closes 7/10)
ScrapbookerPhD -  Hallowe'en sentiment, not happy Hallowe'en (closes 11/10)
Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes

4 comments:

  1. This is fab, I really love vintage style images for Halloween, and Yule too. Crafty Blessings. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh she's glorious xx thank you for joining our current challenge over at http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Aud Sentiments DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card love all the detail . Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful. You are seriously talented. Not having supplies for Halloween, I bet most people would just get a few things to work with like stickers or patterned paper - but you did something so original. Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD's Halloween challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx