Followers

Google+ Followers

Saturday, 2 August 2014

My Globetrotting ATC





Hi everyone ! A few weeks ago over on Creative Innovations Facebook page they were asking if anyone wanted to take part in an ATC swap. I put my name forward, but didn't think I would be accepted as most of the people on there are from USA. However, luckily for me some people were prepared to post overseas so I was able to take part!
I have been waiting for my ATC to arrive in USA before posting about this, so my recipient didn't see it beforehand. It's arrived in Minnesota!!
I cut out my ATC from some card. I painted both sides with white gesso, then the front with burnt sienna DecoArt Americana Acrylic paint, Weathered Wood medium & white acrylic.
I stamped the poppy image using black Archival ink, then coloured using watercolour pencils.
Stamped the happy sentiment, then embossed using some embossing powder.
I went around the edge with flitterglue & some silver gilding flakes.
Rubbed over with some pink Inka Gold & green waxes.
Added a little red glitter to the poppy petals  (doesn't really show up on the photo), a few green jewels & some baker's twine.
I made the envelope using a template, cutting it out of some decorative paper. Remembered I had some letter beads, so threaded name onto some twine with a button, added a ribbon & it was already for posting out!
Janet is really pleased with it, loves the fact that it has arrived at her door from the UK!
So my little ATC has been on quite a big journey!
Thanks for stopping by,
Bev xx

4 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Bev. I adore poppies, they're my absolute fave. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Bev, love poppies and I am sure it will be treasured.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Bev. I love the composition and it's really pretty. Kay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Bev, poppies are one of my favourite flowers nice feeling I bet to know someone across the Atlantic appreciates your work as do the rest of us. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx