Followers

Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Foil Play DT post



Hi everyone - it's a lot cooler here but the sun has been shining so managed to get a few jobs done. Was a lot happier once I got to my crafting!
The word over on One Word Wonder today was butterfly - so I decided to use my foils from Foil Play.
I tried three different ways of using them.
On the first butterfly I stamped the image onto white card using black Archival ink, when this had dried I went around the outline with a Zig glue pen. I left this to go 'tacky' then applied the silver holographic foil. I coloured the image using watercolour pencils.
The centre butterfly was stamped onto white card using Flitterglue. I then applied the rainbow foil. I thought this one had enough colour so I didn't colour this one.
The third one was stamped with black Archival ink. I coloured the image using Memento & Distress inks. Once dried I ran a Zig glue pen around the edges of the butterfly. Once this was 'tacky' I applied the gold foil, giving the butterfly lovely gold highlighted edges.
I cut the images out & wondered what to do with them. I remembered I had got a good buy from a local pound shop - rolls of hessian. Thought the butterflies would look good as a small wallhanging.
I decided to see if the foils would work on the hessian, so applied some Zig glue pen onto various parts of the hessian & once the glue was 'tacky' rubbed over the areas with different coloured foils - it worked great!
The foils are really easy to use & are quite robust once they are on your project - nothing was affected when I cut the images out.
I adhered the butterflies to the hessian, added a small charm and a ribbon to hang it with.
Hope you like it - it was great fun to make!
Thanks for stopping by,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Eureka Stamps - things with wings
(PIN)spirational Challenges - anything goes
Through The Craft Room Door - anything goes
Craft my Life - anything goes (closes 31/8)
Crafting From The Heart - anything goes
My Craft Creations - anything goes


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful - I love the contrast between the delicate butterflies and course hessian it works really well. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Bev - thank you! The butterflies are beautiful and the foiled hessian looks lush :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev super gorgeous make hun love it great make really beautiful hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful ~ love the burlap.

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so pretty, love the combo of butterflies with the burlap, thank you for joining us at all crafts challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, A lovely project, love the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Craft My Life this month. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Erin DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your butterflies, so bight and cheery against the burlap bckground. Thank you for joing TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work... Love the butterflies & burlap together... Thank you for joining us at Craft my Life... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx