Hi everyone! Hope you've had a good week, the weather here has been a bit cool but seems to be looking a bit better for the weekend - hopefully.
I love doing these swaps over on Craftywaffle Challenges on Facebook, and love using the foils from FoilPlay.
For this swap we had to make 6 tags, 6 flowers & 6 of anything else. All to be packaged nicely.
I decided to make another box of tags, loved making the box as it is so easy. Made the tags from some Kraft card. Stamped the background using a Hunkydory forever poppies in frayed burlap Distress Ink. Edged the tags in barn door DI.
Stamped the poppy onto white card using a Hunkydory poppy meadow poppy stamp (does that sound right! Looks weird - lol!). Painted the poppies using Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent watercolour paints - lava red, emerald gold & the small butterfly in lavender shine. Carefully cut out the poppies.
I then ran some Zig glue around the edges of the tags & the poppies. Edged the tags in red foil & the poppies in gold foil - really liked how they turned out, the photo's do not do them justice!
Adhered the poppies onto the tags, added a red jewel at the bottom corner & finished off using some red cord.
I made the flowers using a Marianne die - Marianne Creatables, English Rose. Cut out of some white paper. It comes out as a round strip - I rolled this up using a quilling tool, gluing along the edges every so often. When I reached the end I played with the flower until I liked how the rose looked, then placed glue on the bottom to secure it in place.
When the flowers were dry I edged them with Memento lulu lavender & spiced marmalade DI. When this was dry I added some 'drops' of Glossy Accent to like dewdrops.
A few weeks ago I found some rolls of burlap in our local poundshop - I decided to use some as bases for the flowers. I cut circles from the burlap using a die then backed these with card.
I die cut some leaves from green vellum.
I arranged the leaves & flowers on the burlap, then adhered in place.
I loved how they looked on the burlap. I used a foam pad to stick the flowers to some acetate.
For the other six I die cut more flowers & also sent a load of Christmas die cuts.
Hope you like my swaps - thanks for stopping by,