Followers

Google+ Followers

Sunday, 20 July 2014

DT piece - Paris candle


Hi everyone! Hope your weekend has not been too bad - we've had rain and a little thunder & lightening yesterday. Still very humid though. Sun is out today!
When I was looking through the design sheets on the Vintage Floral CD from Crafter's Companion which Julie Bradwell owner of JB Crafting Supplies sent to me for my DT pieces, I thought that the Paris images would look good on a candle.
I picked a design & colour out. Taped some tissue paper onto some copy paper & printed the design onto the tissue.
Tried the images around the candle to see where I wanted them.
Placed some greaseproof paper around the candle, pulling it tight & making sure there were no creases on the image sheet.
Carefully heated the image with my heat gun, making sure the greaseproof was held tight & watching for creases.
This was the first time I had tried this with an image  printed from a CD & I am pleased wth how it turned out
Hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by,
Bev xx

I have entered this in:
Anything But a Card - anything goes (closes  26/7)

5 comments:

  1. WOW this is fabulous Bev.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bev what a great idea and it's worked really well. Love the design xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome. Do you think printing the image on deli paper would work too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you should be pleased, it's fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this many times but never tried it. I just might if my candle turned out to be as lovely as yours. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx