Followers

Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Just For Fun DT Make - a try at a mechanical card ...






















A new challenge starts today over on Just For Fun Challenge Blog - it is now always anything goes. The maximum number of entries is now 2. It runs all month so plenty of time to get your entries in - hope to see you there.
Thought I would try a mechanical card for this months project as I was looking at some old issues of magazines - supposedly to throw some out (ha ha ha!) and I was inspired by an article in Cardmaking & Papercraft.
I stamped the flowers & leaves, coloured them in using Promarkers & then used some Crystal Glaze. I cut the flowerpot from some brown card, edged with Adirondack ink. I adhered some paper flowers on the edge of the flowerpot. Found some faux ric rac ribbon for the pot.
I decided to make it more personal so I designed a star with Amanda's name & age on, and a Happy Birthday banner. I designed these in word on laptop then printed these onto photo paper & cut out. I wanted the 50 to be the popout part.
Now I had the size of the pop out I cut some brown card to size, then matted some green on top. Adhered the pot to the card, then adhered the sentiment to the bottom of the pot.
I have taken 2 photo's so you can see how it looks with & without the popout. 
Hope she likes it !
Pop over to the JFF blog & take a peek at the other DT's makes, get some inspiration & enter the challenge - go on you know you want to!
Thanks for stopping by,
Bev x

7 comments:

  1. Love the colours on this mechanical card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bev this is stunning hun love the gorgeous bright colours hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and love the flowers and fabulous idea too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev not sure that my previous comment got thru so apologies if u get more than one lol - this is stunning I love the vibrant colours hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab design and detail Bev.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and bright and colorful. Love the moving element, gives it extra wow

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx