Followers

Google+ Followers

Tuesday, 24 June 2014

First DT post for Foil Play

                                      
Hi - here is my first DT post for Foil Play. I decided to make a new baby card.
I stuck one side of some superfine double sided adhesive sheet to some white card. Cut out the pram shape using a Marianne creatables die.
Now I thought this was going to be the tricky part! I had decided that I wanted to foil the wheeels, handle & hood part of the pram in silver foil & the body of the pram in some lovely pink pearl foil.
I carefully peeled back the sheet from the wheels & handle & applied the silver foil. I gently rubbed the foil onto the adhesive. Peeled the sheet back & the wheels were silver! I noticed a couple of spots I had missed but just applied the sheet & rubbed again & they were covered. I did the same with the hood. Feling a lot more confident, I applied the pink pearl foil to the body of the pram - I was really pleased with the result!


I found a piece of pretty paper to stick behind the hood. Used my Spellbinder Nestibilities grande ovals to cut a couple of mats - one in pink, one in silver mirri. I embossed the smaller mat using a Darice embossing folder.
I used a bunting stamp from Happy Day stamps - which were a freebie from a magazine. Stamped this onto pink card, used my small alpha stamps to stamp 'It's a girl' onto the bunting.
I inked around the white card using tattered lace Distress Ink.
Assembled the card.
I hope you like  it. 
Give the foiling a try it is easy to do & looks great. Everything you need can be bought at Foil Play - have a look around. Also take a peek at their blog Foil Play Updates - some great creations to give you inspiration.
Watch out for more of my foil makes!
Thanks for stopping by,
Bev x

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Bev! Thank you, and I'm glad that the foiling turned out to be easier than expected :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new DT post. Such a sweet creation Bev.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, turned out just lovely. Never tried the Foil Play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your DT position, this is a great make

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Bev, love the image. Congratulation on your new DT post.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card, well done on the foiling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Bev and congrats on your DT post hun x Fabulous make hun love it and ty for visiting me blog hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx