Followers

Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Mid month inspiration DT post for Christmas Fun Blog







  



Here is my mid month inspiration DT post for Christmas Fun Blog. The theme this month is card for a man or anything goes.

For the blue card I found some items in my stash that were freebies from various magazines so decided to use them.
The backing paper, topper & sentiment were a freebie pack from Cardmaking & Papercrafts magazine by designer Jennifer Ellory.
I matted the backing paper onto some white card & edged with blue ink.
I die cut the tree from some white glitter card using a freebie die (can't remember which magazine it came from). I then cut some snowflakes from the same glitter card using Tattered Lace dies.
I matted the topper & sentiment onto white card & adhered these to the card using foam pads to give a bit of dimension.
I finished off by making a bow from blue ribbon.

For the square card I decided to use things that I won on Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge. I received a box of crafty stuff from Carley Duff.
I matted some gold mirri onto some red card.
Cut out the decoupage - this sheet is from Studio Light BV and is to make Christmas baubles but I just used one set for the card. I inked the edges with frayed burlap DI.
Used a Tonic die from the Christmas Cracker set to cut the holly from green card. This is a sentiment die with the holly at each end which I cut off.
Coloured some Creative Expressions white pearls with a poppy red ProMarker, stuck these onto the holly.
Used a Tattered Lace sentiment die to cut the sentiment from red card.

I like the idea that I am gradually getting some Christmas cards made - pop over to the Christmas Fun Blog and have a peek at the DT's & other entrants cards to get some inspiration and enter your own. It is a monthly challenge with a blog candy draw for all entrants.
Hope to see you soon!

I have entered this in:
Craft-Dee Bowz - anything goes include a handmade bow (closes 30/4)
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge - make it square (closes 18/4)
CHNC challenge extra for April -  anything goes (closes 30/4)

6 comments:

  1. Great cards Bev, you have been busy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely holiday card, Bev. Thanks for submitting it to the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 172 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for April - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering your lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for April - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for popping in to April CHNC Challenge Extra to share your card with us. Hope to see you back again soon. Hugs, Anne (April Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the blue and silver.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx