Followers

Google+ Followers

Monday, 7 April 2014

getting in to sewing....




Last week I decided to go for a day of sewing at The Craft Den - thought I'd better as had received a lovely Singer Brilliance machine for Christmas from Keith!
The Craft Den is a lovely craft shop just around the corner from me and is owned by Lynne Hunter - her blog is here.
The company was great and Lynne was patient with me, helping me to make the quilted tote - pics at the top. I used materials from Tim Holtz's Eclectic Elements collection - they are LOVELY!
I didn't think I would but I managed to get the tote made, the only thing I needed to finish at home was to attach the handle, which I did & added some lovely decorative buttons, which I also bought at the shop.
I need to say a BIG thank you to Bob (Lynne's husband) for helping me park in their car park, having only passed my test last year (can't believe I have been driving just over a year! I love it!) I needed a bit of guidance which Bob gave & I was very grateful for.
Today I decided I would make a tea cosy as I had bought some material ages ago. I followed the tutorial by Debbie Shore on YouTube which you can find here. I think it turned out ok - Keith thought I'd bought it!
I definitely have the sewing bug!
Hope you like my makes, thanks for stopping by.

I have entered this in:
crafts 4 eternity - anything but a card (closes10/4)

2 comments:

  1. Both projects are very lovely and useful!!!! Great job on both.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous sewing projects! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx