Followers

Google+ Followers

Sunday, 30 March 2014

Final DT piece using Stampendous Stamps






This is my last piece using Stampendous Stamps Steampunk Shoes for JB Crafting Supplies.
I decided to move a little out of my comfort zone & try a canvas.
I applied Gesso to the canvas, then applied some spotty tissue paper. When this had dried I spritzed the canvas with Cosmic Shimmer in Mist Bronze Blush, waited for that to dry then spritzed with Adirondak Colour Wash in Cranberry.
While this was drying I cut small pieces of paper from Papermania Chronology pack, I ripped the edges then inked using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
I stamped one image onto a piece of the paper & one onto some tissue which I inked with the frayed burlap.
Once the inks on the canvas were dry, I mixed some Americana acrylic paint in Lamp Black and Americana Texturizing Medium to spread through a cog stencil. This gave the cogs some dimension & texture.
Once the cogs were dry I adhered the papers to the canvas & covered them in a layer of gesso.
I brushed some Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powder in Blue Lilac over the cogs (I think you can just about see the shimmer in the close up photo!).
Found some charms & added these with some brads.
I am quite pleased with how my first attempt at a canvas has turned out.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there & hope your day has been good. I am just going to get a cuppa & look through a great book James has given me - Mixed Media Girls by Suzi Blu - hoping to try my hand at drawing! Watch this space!

I have entered this in:
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: anything goes ( closes 2/4)
Through the Craft Room Door : anything goes (closes 1/4)
Artistic Inspirations : anything goes
Crafty Girls Challenges : anything goes (closes 2/4)
My Sheri CRAFTS : anything but a card(closes 11/4)

8 comments:

  1. Love the shoes! Love the card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. real chic and punkish, thanks for joining us over on artistic inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project!! looks so great all tohether!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges this week.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Thanks for joining at Creative Fingers: Anything Goes with Beccy's Place
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on this! So cool looking! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Lovely pieces you used for the card! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Fingers!

    Mei
    LTC DT
    Anyone for Anya DT
    Stampavie and More DT
    Creative Fingers DT 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous canvas - thanks for joining us at the Crafty Girls Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx