Followers

Google+ Followers

Sunday, 9 March 2014

2nd DT post using Stampendous Stamps



                           

I decided to make a card this week for my DT piece for JB Crafting Supplies using Stampendous Stamps - Steampunk Shoes.
There are 12 stamps in this set 

I stamped the heels onto super smooth card & coloured using  Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer watercolours. I love the shimmer of these watercolours but this does not come out on the photo - makes the shoes seem metallic. Cut out the image.
Took some brown card & made a square card.
Ran some kraft card through my Grand Calibur using a Die'Sire Embossalicious folder - a stitch in time. Cut this down using part of a Marianne Creatables Die - Anja's Square. Coloured this using crushed olive & frayed burlap on the edges. I liked how this brought out the watches.
I die cut some more craft card using a Marianne Design Craftable die - oval frame and coloured & distressed with olive green & frayed burlap.
Die cut a sentiment using Tonic's everyday sentiments set 2 & coloured using the olive green distress ink.
Stuck the square onto the brown card - decided to use it as a diamond. Stuck the oval in the centre & the shoes in the centre of the oval, leaving the edges to give a bit of dimension.
Die cut some kraft card using Tonic's Antique Frame Tag Die, did two of these & cut them in half. Coloured using the olive green & frayed burlap. Stuck 2 of the pieces at each side of the oval & the others at the bottom corners. Cut the sentiment so I could put some in each top corner.
Found some brads in my stash - eyelet & outlet brads, watch parts. Placed one at top & bottom of oval.
I stamped the 'click your heels!!' sentiment onto some kraft card but decided it did not stand out enough so stamped it onto some white super smooth, cut out using a Spellbinder Medallion 2 die. Edged with olive green distress ink & adhered this to the bottom right using foam pads for a bit of height.
I have to say that since I have got my Tonic glass mat I have found blending & colouring a lot easier - wish I had bought it sooner!

I have entered this in:
That Craft Place Challenge Blog - anything goes (closes  15/3)
Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes (closes4/4)
Sister Act Card Challenge -  (closes 13/3)
Left of Center - die cuts (closes 13/3)
Artistic Inspirations - green/anything goes (closes 16/3)
Love to Create Challenge Blog - anything goes (closes 16/3)
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - anything goes (closes 13/3)



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Steampunk. Love the sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! I'm thinking I need this stamp set too! Thanks for joining us at SACC this week. Good luck.
    Maureen, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I love the brown colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Love to Create!
    ♥ Sandra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - I just love this image. Thank you for joining us this week for the Love To Create challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, I think I have to have those stamps! thanks for sharing with us at Creative Fingers, Lynne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Card Bev! I love the stamps and the dies you've used look great altogether like that! Thank you so much for joining our Die Cuts challenge at Left of Center this fortnight. Be sure to join us for an additional 'Anything Goes' challenge open till 31st March to celebrate our first anniversary! Lots of prizes to be won! Link up here - http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/p/loc-1st-anniversary-challenge-starting.html
    Thanks! mo dt coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx