Followers

Google+ Followers

Sunday, 9 February 2014

First DT project for J B Crafting Supplies


This is my first project for J B Crafting Supplies. I was given a lovely image, some nautical striped background paper & a sentiment, all sent to me digitally.
I am not used to digi images and decided I might try to use them in Craft Artist. But first I had to colour the image so I imported it into the paint programme on pc & coloured it there.
I imported the coloured image, backing paper & sentiment into craft artist & set to work.
I used an A5 page, put on a pale blue background, put on the striped backing sheet, resized it to leave a border of pale blue, then I chose a swatch of material, coloured it to match the pale blue background and resized it & roughened the edges. Made this swatch stand out by putting a dropped shadow around it.
I placed the image onto the swatch, resized it to fit, and put a dropped shadow around it to make it stand out.
I wanted something to put the sentiment onto so searched my embellishments & found a gingham style heart, which I liked, so popped that on, moved it around until it looked right, then placed the sentiment onto it. Used a dropped shadow around the heart.



Found a sketchy sailboat image so placed that on too.


Found a bow to put on top of the anchor for the finishing touch.
I decided to place the printed out finished project onto a paper lunch bag to use as a gift bag - I think it looks ok, hope you like it.
Thanks to Julie owner of JB Crafting Supplies for picking me as part of DT & Adele Bradwell at Jiggery Makery for the lovely digi images.


 
I have entered this in:
Challenges4Everybody - anything goes (ends 28/2) ( third place)
Through The Craft Room Door - anything goes
Pin And Tack: Craft It Up - Arts & Crafts #3 hearts
The Crazy Challenge - Love is in the air
Ooh La La Creations - use a heart
Polka Doodles Challenge - love is in the Air
Delightful Challenges - Anything goes
Crafty Calendar  Challenge - love is all around (ends 28/2)




6 comments:

  1. Fabulous gift bag! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week, for our Love is in the Air challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge!
    Good luck!!
    Zara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A happy sassy card!!

    Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD.
    xxxx
    Riette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card; thanks for joining the Crazy Challenge.
    Regards, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card! Thanks for joining our love challenge at Polka Doodles! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx