Followers

Google+ Followers

Sunday, 16 February 2014

Christmas Fun DT card - Baby's first Christmas

The second theme for February over on the Christmas Fun Challenge Blog is Baby's first Christmas.
Having searched through all my Christmas stamps ( was I surprised how many I have!) I found a teddy bear one that was a freebie from a magazine - but I can't remember which one. I stamped in black Archival ink onto white card, coloured in using ProMarkers. Went over the snowflakes with a blue glitter pen. 
I have recently bought some Perfect Layers rulers & was eager to try them out. I found some 'Christmassy' card, stuck the stamped image onto this, used the Perfect Layer ruler - wow! this was really easy, a perfect border! Stuck this onto some red paper from Cosy Christmas Collection ( another freebie from a magazine, but again can't remember which one!), used the Perfect Layers ruler again and another perfect border. 
I covered some card with some green patterned paper from the Cosy Christmas Collection, stuck some red ribbon across, stuck my stamped, layered image to this. Made two tags, stamped Christmas but had to write 'on your 1st' as didn't have a stamp for this. Threaded some red ribbon through the tags & stuck to card using foam pads.
Hope you like it - pop across & join in at Christmas Fun Challenge Blog - get ahead with your Christmas cards!

I have entered this in:
Squigglefly challenge - square pegs - use a square shaped card
Scribbles Designs - frame it(ends 14/3)

5 comments:

  1. Beverly this is darling. I love the inked edges and you picked some great papers! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awhh! What a cutie he is...
    GOrgeous colours and design Beverley. LOving your tag sentiment
    Chrissyxx
    I've heard about these rulers..Off to check them out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, what a fun card. I love the sweet image. Thank you, for joining us for the Squigglefly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww.... so cute.... a very special card...

    Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs...

    Sandy S
    (Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Perfect Layers rulers sound interesting. They certainly helped you make a beautiful card. Love that sweet image and the way you framed it. Thanks so much for entering your card into the Scribbles Designs Challenge and I hope we see you again in future challenges.

    Lisa D., Scribbles Designs, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx