Followers

Google+ Followers

Thursday, 16 January 2014

Christmas Fun DT card - Non traditional colours


The theme for the second challenge over on the Christmas Fun Challenge Blog is non traditional colours.
I decided to try a bit of zentangling.
I started by finely drawing the outline of the tree in pencil, then filled the shape with the Cadent pattern. I shaded this with pencil.
The star on top is called Gneiss, and the baubles underneath are called Jetties.
I finished the trunk off with some lines and put a few snowflakes around.
I drew a frame around it but still thought it needed something else, so I stuck the white onto some black card & put some white spots around the black card.
I got the zentangle patterns from my One Zentangle A Day book by Beckah Krahula - it's the first time I have done a larger project using zentangle - hope you like it.
I have entered this card in:
The Crazy Challenge - cards for men
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge - anything goes
Christmas Cards All Year 'Round -  anything goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes
Friends of Speedy TV Challenge - challenge 107 black & white
Through The Craft Room Door - anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes
The Glory of Christmas Challenge -  clean and simple

10 comments:

  1. Saw your wonderful card at Crafty Hazelnuits Christmas Ch. You can enter it at Mark's Finest Papers Friends of Speedy TV Ch107 Black & White. You have to join MFP to enter challenges but membership is free. Please let them know I sent you.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for CCAYR January anything goes challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team – and thanks for entering this for my CHNC challenge extra for January x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never done any Zentangle but your tree is lovely. I am certainly not an artist but pattern fascinates me. Thanks for joining us at FOSTV this week - please play again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried Zentangle but I love your tree. Find patterns fascinating. Thanks for joining us at FOSTV this week - please play again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your zentangle tree, the b&w makes a very cool Christmas card. So glad you shared with us at FOSTV this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I adore the hand drawn border as well as your tree image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your lovely CAS card for the Glory of Christmas challenge 25, CHNC challenge extra for January and CCAYR for January - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is amazing. The combination of your pattern and nontraditional black and white for Christmas are delicious! Thanks for linking up with us at the SIster Act Challenge Blog.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat heb je dat leuk gedaan met die kerstboom! Leuk dat je meedoet bij CHCC Extra en ik wens je veel geluk!

    Groetjes, Renate

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this - a really clever design and perfect for our challenge.

    Thanks for joining us at The Glory of Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. So kind of you to take the time to visit.
Hugs,
Bev xx